Apparently from slang sugar "money" and colloquial daddy "father".
sugar daddy (plural sugar daddies)
- (slang) A man who spends money for the benefit of a relationship with an often younger person.
- This term typically implies that there is a romantic relationship between the two.
slang: man who spends money for a relationship with a younger partner
- Arabic: please add this translation if you can
- Mandarin: 甜心爹地 (tiánxīn diēdì), 甜爹 (tiándiē), 乾爹 (zh), 干爹 (zh) (gāndiē)
- Finnish: namupappa
- French: papa-gâteau (fr) m
- Hindi: please add this translation if you can
- Japanese: please add this translation if you can
- Korean: please add this translation if you can
- Russian: папик (ru) m (papik)
- Spanish: rabo verde m, lagartón (es) m
- Swahili: buzi