Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: sugardaddy
Audio (AU) (file)
- (slang) A man who spends money for the benefit of a relationship with an often younger romantic or sexual partner.
- 2002, Charles Hebbert, Dan Richardson, The Rough Guide to Budapest, 2nd edition, London: Rough Guides, →ISBN, page 73:
- During the 1980s, its vivid streetlife became a symbol of the “consumer socialism” that distinguished Hungary from other Eastern Bloc states, but Budapesters today are rather less enamoured of Váci: dressed-to-kill babes and their sugar daddies would rather pose in malls, and teenagers can find McDonald's anywhere, leaving Váci utterly dependent on tourists for its livelihood and bustle.
- 1961, Dallas McCord Reynolds, Black Man's Burden, Project Gutenberg EBook edition:
- "Huh, indeed!" Isobel answered him. "Proposing, or propositioning? If either of you two Romeos ever rattle the doorknob of my room at night again, you're apt to get a bullet through it." Jake winced. "Wasn't me. Look at my gray hair, Isobel. I'm old enough to be your daddy." "Sugar daddy, I suppose," she said mockingly.
- This term typically implies that there is a romantic relationship between the two.
slang: man who spends money for a relationship with a younger partner