sunlight is the best disinfectant
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (usually public policy or management) Transparency about the workings of an organization prevents corruption.
- 1989 January 5, Phil Berger, “Lawyers Slug It Out In Tyson-Cayton Case”, in New York Times, retrieved 8 January 2016:
- "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," said Puccio in explaining his decision to open the proceeding to reporters.
- 2009 June 21, Catherine Bennett, “No one gains from blowing the cover of this secret policeman”, in Guardian, UK, retrieved 8 January 2016:
- "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," he said. "We must change our practices and our mindset, moving from a culture of secrecy to one of complete openness and accountability."