Jump to navigation Jump to search
superhero (plural superheroes)
- Any fictional crime-fighting character, often with supernatural powers or equipment, in popular children's and fantasy literature; a fictional hero who does great things.
- 1990 February 13, Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes (comic):
- Hobbes: Super heroes wear snow pants?
Stupendous Man: When there's snow out, they do!
- (by extension) A particularly renowned real-world hero, or one who has seemingly impossible abilities.
- The power is out but you're watching TV? You must be a superhero.
- Thanks for driving out here and towing me out of the ditch. You're a superhero!
- 1991, Boys' Life, volume 81, number 1, page 42:
- Did you know your community has many invisible superheroes? Each day they perform hundreds of amazing feats that make the community a better place in which to live.
a fictional crime-fighting character with superpowers