Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: so͞oʹ-pər-ĭm-pōz', IPA(key): /ˈsuː.pəɹ.ɪm.ˌpəʊ̯z/
- (General American): IPA(key): /ˈsuː.pɚ.ɪm.ˌpoʊ̯z/
- (Received Pronunciation): IPA(key): /ˈsuː.pəɹ.ɪm.ˌpəʊ̯z/
- Rhymes: -uːpəɹɪmpəʊz
Audio (Southern England) (file)
superimpose (third-person singular simple present superimposes, present participle superimposing, simple past and past participle superimposed)
- To place an object over another object, usually in such a way that both will be visible.
- He superimposed the company logo over the image.
- (geology) To establish a structural system over, independently of underlying structures.
to place an object over another object