Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: suturé
suture (plural sutures)
- A seam formed by sewing two edges (especially of skin) together.
- Thread used to sew two edges (especially of skin) together; stitch.
- (geology) An area where separate terrane join together along a major fault.
- (anatomy) A type of fibrous joint bound together by Sharpey's fibres which only occurs in the skull.
- (anatomy) A seam or line, such as that between the segments of a crustacean, between the whorls of a univalve shell, or where the elytra of a beetle meet.
to sew up or join by means of a suture
suture f (plural sutures)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “suture” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural of