Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
syndicate (plural syndicates)
- A group of individuals or companies formed to transact some specific business, or to promote a common interest; a self-coordinating group.
- A similar group of gangsters engaged in organized crime.
- A chain of newspapers, or an agency that distributes features to multiple newspapers.
- The office or jurisdiction of a syndic; a council or body of syndics.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Burnet to this entry?)
- (roughly) — business partners
group of individuals or companies
group of gangsters
chain of newspapers
- (intransitive) To become a syndicate.
- (transitive) To put under the control of a group acting as a unit.
- (transitive) To release media content through a syndicate to be published or broadcast through multiple outlets.
to become a syndicate
to put under the control of a group
to release content through a syndicate