Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (semantics) The quality of being synonymous; sameness of meaning.
- Antonym: antonymy
- A list or collection of synonyms, often compared and contrasted.
- The study of synonyms.
- Synonym: synonymics
- A system of synonyms.
- (botany) The collective synonyms (all the names referring to a particular taxon, except the correct name)
- (botany) The state of not being a correct name, of being a synonym
- In 1924 this name was reduced to synonymy.
- (zoology) The collective synonyms (all the names referring to the same taxon, including the correct name)
- synonymity (10× less common than synonymy)
- synonymousness (600× less common than synonymy)
- (identical meaning): homosemy (2000× less common than synonymy)
quality of being synonymous
list or collection of synonyms
study of synonyms
system of synonyms
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.