Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: SYSOP
sysop (plural sysops)
- (computing, Internet) A system operator, especially someone who administers an online communications system or bulletin board.
- (Wiktionary and WMF jargon) An administrator on a wiki.
- (intransitive) To work as a sysop.
- 1977, Henry Torsey Fernald, 'Fernald Club Yearbook', number 46-55, page 28:
- Another major chunk of time goes into computer work - entering the data which is dumped on my desk at irregular intervals by the other IPM programs, tidying up the database, and sysopping on our micro-based bulletin board system.
- (transitive, rare) To give someone sysop privileges.