Jump to navigation Jump to search
t'othersider (plural t'othersiders)
- (Australia, Western Australia, informal) A person from the eastern states of Australia.
- 1963, Clinton Hartley Grattan, The Southwest Pacific Since 1900: A Modern History:
- The first Labor premier of Western Australia was Henry Daglish (1866-1920), a Victorian t'othersider, ...
- 1972, David Mossenson, State Education in Western Australia, 1829-1960:
- Among the t'othersider teachers Victorians predominated, as they did among newcomers in general.
- 2008, Janina Trotman, Girls Becoming Teachers: An Historical Analysis of Western Australian Women Teachers, 1911-1940:
- Mabel Guy was also born in the Goldfields in 1908, but unlike the other women in the group, her father was not a 't'othersider'34: he was born in Pinjarra, in the state's southwest, and was a postmaster.