Jump to navigation Jump to search
teacup (plural teacups)
- A small cup, usually with a handle, commonly used for drinking tea; normally sits in a saucer as part of a tea set.
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 182:
- "There isn't wind enough to capsize a tea-cup in a gutter," said Rasmus, and shifted his chew of tobacco with a little black chalk pipe, while he looked around him on all sides.
- A unit of measure; a teacupful.
cup for drinking tea
teacup (not comparable)
- Of an animal, smaller than average.