Jump to navigation Jump to search
technolog(y) + -ist
technologist (plural technologists)
- A scientist or an engineer who specializes in a particular technology, or who uses technology in a particular field.
- 1990, Ellen Jo Baron, Sydney M. Finegold, Bailey and Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, page 418:
- The technologist must be careful not to overmoisten the disk, as false negative results can occur due to dilution of the end product.
- 2012, David Blockley, Engineering: A Very Short Introduction (309), chapter 1, page 16:
- Gravity, heat, [and] electromagnetism…are the natural phenomena that scientists study and that engineers and technologists use to make their tools.
- Technologist is usually preceded by the name of the pertinent specialist field, as in cardiovascular technologist, industrial technologist, etc. These specialist practitioners’ two-word titles tend to be etymologically preceded by the equivalent two-word names of their specialist fields.
a scientist or engineer who specializes in a particular technology
- technologist on Wikipedia.Wikipedia