Jump to navigation Jump to search
From tele- + -cast, from broadcast.
telecast (third-person singular simple present telecasts, present participle telecasting, simple past and past participle telecast or telecasted)
- (transitive) To broadcast by television.
- 1953 August 29, Billboard, page 4:
- Cooley currently is ironing out details of the proposed kinescoping with Klaus Landsberg, topper at KTLA, over whose facilities the hour-long show has been telecast […]
- (intransitive) To broadcast a television program.
to broadcast by TV
telecast (plural telecasts)
- A television broadcast, especially outside of a studio.