Jump to navigation Jump to search
tenderpreneur (plural tenderpreneurs)
- (slang, South Africa) A government official or politician who uses their powers and influence to secure government tenders and contracts.
- 2010 November 10, Pratish Mistry, “Why Julius Malema is important to the ANC”, in NewsTime:
- No doubt you’re tired of reading about his colourful escapades – about his glamorous home, his allegedly dodgy tenderpreneur deals, his gushing praise of malevolent dictators, or his soundly articulated international economic policy.
- 2010 October 24, “As Hawks fail us crooks plot anew”, in Sunday World (Sputh Africa):
- If anything, the decision represents an important victory to both emerging and accomplished tenderpreneurs who have undoubtedly distinguished themselves in clandestine plundering of state resources.
- 2010. Blade Nzimande. Blade: Make all tenders public., Times LIVE. 6 Jan. 2010:
- Let's be bold, let's go and promote small entrepreneurs and defeat tenderpreneurs, those who steal."
- 2010, Hayibo.com, Red Card, The: The Best of Hayibo.com 2009/2010, page 119:
- Tenderpreneur Julius Malema says he is not a hypocrite for publicly condemning personal enrichment while allegedly privately enriching himself, saying that there is no word for 'hypocrite' in the Pedi dictionary.
- The Star (newspaper) How Malema made his millions, 21 Feb. 2010.