Jump to navigation Jump to search
terra firma (uncountable)
- Continental land, as distinguished from islands.
- (colloquial) Land, as opposed to water or air.
- 1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter VII:
- I […] turned the handle softly, pushed – also softly – and, carrying on into the interior, found myself confronted by a girl in housemaid's costume who put a hand to her throat like somebody in a play and leaped several inches in the direction of the ceiling. “Coo!” she said, having returned to terra firma and taken aboard a spot of breath. “You gave me a start, sir!”
- 2019 November 13, “Reize – Showdown Character Highlight”, in yachtclubgames.com, Yacht Club Games, archived from the original on November 27, 2020, Dive Kick:
- Reize is a floaty character (thanks to that scarf), so this kick can be great for quickly getting back to terra firma or to that game-winning gem!