the other way round
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- The same but with the mentioned things or people in reverse order or position.
1979, Honor Tracy, The Ballad of Castle Reef, page 45:
- At dinner Marigold had the Rector on her right and the Colonel on her left, Francis had their wives the other way round to avoid any signs of preference, …
- In reversed orientation.
- If it isn't working, try turning the battery the other way round.
- (same, but with mentioned things in reverse order): conversely, vice versa
- (in reversed orientation): backwards
same but with mentioned things reversed