Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈθɔːtfʊl/, /ˈθɔːtfəl/
- (General American) enPR: thôt’fəl, IPA(key): /ˈθɔtfəl/
- (cot–caught merger) enPR: thät’fəl, IPA(key): /ˈθɑtfəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Demonstrating thought or careful consideration.
- Synonyms: careful, contemplative, pensive, thoughty
- Most thoughtful people eventually solve the puzzle.
- 1859, Edward Fitzgerald, The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám: The Astronomer-Poet of Persia, page 2:
- Now the New Year reviving old Desires,
The thoughtful Soul to Solitude retires,
Where the White Hand of Moses on the Bough
Puts out, and Jesus from the Ground suspires.
- Demonstrating kindness or consideration for others.
demonstrating thought or careful consideration
demonstrating kindness or consideration