Jump to navigation Jump to search
townscape (plural townscapes)
- (transitive) To design and lay out (buildings) as a town.
- 1986, Patrick Lichfield, Courvoisier's Book of the Best, page 230:
- But the houses are so delicious and the way they're townscaped on to hilly bits is absolutely wonderful.
- 2013, Edward J. Blakely, Nancey Green Leigh, Planning Local Economic Development (page 244)
- For example, small communities in the Midwest have developed modest but well-designed approaches to townscaping that make them exceptionally visually appealing.