Jump to navigation Jump to search
From transgress + -ive.
transgressive (comparative more transgressive, superlative most transgressive)
- Involving transgression; that passes beyond some acceptable limit; sinful.
- Going beyond generally accepted boundaries; violating usual practice, subversive.
- 2004, Roger Ebert, P.S. movie review:
- 'P.S.' is the second movie in two weeks to use reincarnation as the excuse for transgressive sex.
- 2022 November 21, Barney Ronay, “Iran’s brave and powerful gesture is a small wonder from a World Cup of woe”, in The Guardian:
- Instead England produced something that felt a little transgressive in this most controlled of stages, tightening their grip in a bruising first half, before freewheeling downhill in the second with their feet up on the handlebars.
going beyond generally accepted boundaries
transgressive (plural transgressives)
- A form of verb in some languages.
- An individual who transgresses, or breaks social rules.
a verb form