Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (especially mathematics) The act or process of transposing or interchanging.
- (music) A shift of a piece of music to a different musical key by adjusting all the notes of the work equally either up or down in pitch.
- (chess) A sequence of moves resulting in a position that may also be reached by another, more common sequence.
- (European Union) A incorporation of the provisions of a European Union directive into a Member State's domestic law.
act or process of transposing or interchanging
shift of a piece of music to a different musical key
incorporation of the EU directive into domestic law
- DeLone et. al. (Eds.) (1975). Aspects of Twentieth-Century Music. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall. →ISBN, Ch. 6.
transposition f (plural transpositions)