Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
triplet (plural triplets)
- A group of three.
- One of a group of three.
- One of a group of three siblings born at the same time to the same mother.
- (music) A group of three notes played or written where two notes would ordinarily be; a form of tuplet.
- (physics) A triquark.
- (physics) A quantum state with three allowed projections for the spin.
- A constructed gem consisting of a thin slice of natural opal sandwiched between a clear glass or quartz top and a synthetic or stone backing that enhances the colour of the opal.
- (group of three): threesome, triad; see also Thesaurus:trio
- (one of a group of three siblings born at the same time): threeling
group of three
one of a group of three
one of three siblings born at the same time of the same mother
(music): group of three notes played in place of two
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
triplet m (plural triplets)