Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
This etymology is incomplete. You can help Wiktionary by elaborating on the origins of this term.
- Rhymes: -ɒli
- (Australia, New Zealand, Britain) A cart or shopping cart.
- (Britain) A hand truck.
- (Britain) A soapbox car.
- (Britain) A gurney.
- A single-pole device for collecting electrical current from an overhead electical line usually for a streetcar.
- (US) A streetcar or a system of streetcars.
- (US, colloquial) A light rail system or a train on such a system.
- A truck from which the load is suspended in some kinds of cranes.
- A truck which travels along the fixed conductors in an electric railway, and forms a means of connection between them and a railway car.
cart or shopping cart
- To bring to by trolley.
- To use a trolley vehicle to go from one place to another.
trolley m (plural trolleys)