tsundere (plural tsundere)
- (chiefly Japanese fiction) A character, usually a girl, who is cold, nitpicky, and assuming a haughty air in one's usual self, but bashful, shy and eliciting feelings of moe when in the presence of someone one likes.
2012, Dani Cavallaro, Kyoto Animation: A Critical Study and Filmography, McFarland & Company, ↑ISBN, page 157:
- Despite his apparent power, the boy behaves with uncharacteristic meekness toward the formidable tsundere Misato Tachibana, whose grotesquely distorted romantic feelings for Koujirou almost invariably result in her shooting him all over the school with heavy weaponry (which seems to spring out of nowhere).
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:tsundere.
character who fits the archetype of being cold or hostile before gradually showing a warm and caring side
- Showing qualities typical of a tsundere.
- Tsundere ツンデレ at Japanese With Anime