Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtɚf woɹ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtɜːf wɔː/
Audio (AU) (file)
- A dispute over territory between rival gangs.
- (idiomatic) A fight or confrontation between two divisions or parties for access to resources or capital.
- 2014 July 18, Thomas Christie, Notional Identities: Ideology, Genre and National Identity in Popular Scottish Fiction Since the Seventies, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, →ISBN, page 202:
- It's a fascinating distinction, and one that also has the neat effect of moving the debate on from the contentious territory of the SF/litfic turfwar into that of value-neutral literary theory.