turn into a pumpkin
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the story of Cinderella, in which the transformed coach reverts to its original state (that of a pumpkin) at midnight.
- (idiomatic, colloquial) To go to bed; to go to sleep (especially at, or around midnight).
- I'm about ready to turn into a pumpkin. You can stay up later if you want.
- Tell her I'm turning into a pumpkin if she stays out too late. She won't be getting a lift from me.
- (idiomatic, colloquial) Used to indicate a curfew, or the time by which one must depart.
- My daughter turns into a pumpkin at 10:00, so you need to have her home before then.
- I'm turning into a pumpkin at 4:00, so we need to finish this.
- "I need to get back now!" "Why? Are you going to turn into a pumpkin?"