Jump to navigation Jump to search
typewriter (plural typewriters)
- A device, at least partially mechanical, used to print text by pressing keys that cause type to be impressed through an inked ribbon onto paper.
- (archaic) One who uses a typewriter; a typist.
- 1953, Mike Harris, The Southpaw:
- The typewriter got up and disappeared out a back door, and soon she come back with a man, and he said, "Can I be of some help, Mr. Higgens?"
- (one who uses a typewriter): typist
machine used to print text by pressing keys
one who uses a typewriter