Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ʌnˈbɜːθ.deɪ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ʌnˈbɝθ.deɪ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: un‧birth‧day
unbirthday (plural unbirthdays)
- A day that is not one's birthday but is celebrated as though it were.
- 1871, Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass:
- 'They gave it me,' Humpty Dumpty continued thoughtfully, as he crossed one knee over the other and clasped his hands round it, 'they gave it me — for an un-birthday present.'
- 1995, Terry Orlick, Nice on My Feelings: Nurturing the Best in Children and Parents:
- Hunting for treasures on any special day (like Easter, Christmas, birthdays or unbirthdays) can be fun for children and parents alike.
- 1998, Alison Molinare Boteler, Matthew Klein, The Disney Party Handbook: 14 Fun Filled Parties
- Another way to look at unbirthdays is as an opportunity to celebrate every day of life. You can throw a party for no particular reason, except for FUN!
- 2006, Sheila Ellison, 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn:
- Make an unbirthday cake and wear party hats when you blow out the candles together.
- 2007, Lisa Samson, Quaker Summer:
- I got some great photos with the unbirthday camera you left for me in the suitcase. Thanks.
- 2008, Eleanor Hoyt Brainerd, Pegeen:
- "This is just an unbirthday party. Wait till you see your birthday party. When is your birthday, Peg?"