Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈʌndɚˌwɛɹ/, /ˈʌndɚwɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈʌndəwɛə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Clothes worn next to the skin, underneath outer clothing.
- 1998, Banjo-Kazooie, Rareware:
- Don't scratch and bite, my little bear, you'll soon need bigger underwear.
- 2016 June 30, Stefan Hertmans, War and Turpentine, Random House, →ISBN, →OCLC, page 202:
- As a couple of soldiers sing a dirty song, he loses sight of the edge of the stage and falls off in the middle of his dance like a seasoned slapstick artist, his white legs in the air and his filthy underwear visible to all.
- (colloquial) Underpants (boxers, briefs, panties, etc) and often bras.
- 2006, Toni L. Meilleur, Tournament of Fire:
- “A thong,” she answered him breathlessly. Now completely turned on by the fact that his man was sniffing her underwear and grinning like a tiger that took down its prey. That is if tigers could smile and still look sexy.
clothes worn next to the skin
underpants and bras