- (nonstandard) Not sad.
- 1999 August 22, Ladybee, “Hideousness!!! (kinda long rant)”, in alt.gothic.fashion, Usenet:
- I have a love-hate relationship with the wind. / Sometimes, i find myself all dolled up to go out, feeling pretty & fine & fancy & queenly, & as i wait for my cab, perched on my porchrailing off of which the paint is peeling, the wind off the sea forces its way past our protective shielding pines, & tears my false, hairspray-fortified loveliness from me like a sheet off a line. It sticks its dry, sharp fingers into the corners of my eyes, making me cry unsad tears, & it musses my carefully-arranged flirty skirts like a too-eager highschool boyfriend.
- 1999 November 20, JayDee, “Your[sic] not livin' in the REAL world”, in rec.music.artists.stevie-nicks, Usenet:
- > You are so sad and pathitic[sic] it / >almost leaves one speechless. / well, you seem relatively unsad, and are mouthing-off... / obviously, you are not the "one" / is this possibly yer manic phase? hate sadness? / take medication...it may do the job, but it also may taste bad
- 1999 November 25, Marta Maciejewska, “a song that made me cry today...”, in alt.support.loneliness, Usenet:
- Now I know why I cried almost all day... / because of this... it is sung by a man and a woman... / […] / WOMAN: You had a little tima[sic] and you had a little fun / Don't you, don't you / While you had yours do you think I had none / Do you, do you / Your freedom that you wanted back / Is yours for good I hope you're glad / Sad into unsad
- 2000 October 23, caeliestis, “[words] "convolution" ::caeliestis::”, in , Usenet:
- the first time i posted "kroebo" my eyes hurt when i read it. it was sad. now it is unsad.
- 2003 July 15, Aaron Brezenski, “Young and sexy soldier girl on Enterprise”, in rec.arts.sf.tv, Usenet:
- The commentary track on "The Fall of Night" makes it clear the studio "suggested" a hotshot pilot character, and JMS hated the idea, but did it anyway. He was entirely unsad when he was able to kill him off at the end of the season.
- 2004 February 19, Roscoe Coaltrain, “Paxil made me all better...but what happens when I quit taking it?”, in alt.support.depression.medication, Usenet:
- I stopped the Paxil once for 8 or 9 days and the sadness returned already. So I restarted and was back to unsad in about 4 days.
- 2007 January 11, Mick Fanner, “Two days.”, in alt.funnytown, Usenet:
- >> Yabbut, RMick's lamp is a magic lamp. It cures him of SAD. / > / > yes and it jolly well works too!!! / It made me unsad just by turning up.
- unsteady; fickle
- 1387–1400, Geoffrey Chaucer, “The Clerke of Oxenfordes Tale”, in The Canterbury Tales, [Westminster: William Caxton, published 1478], OCLC 230972125; republished in [William Thynne], editor, The Workes of Geffray Chaucer Newlye Printed, […], [London]: […] [Richard Grafton for] Iohn Reynes […], 1542, OCLC 932884868, folio liiii, recto, column 1:
- O ſterne people,vnſad and vntrewe […]
- (please add an English translation of this quote)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for unsad in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)