Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Willing to participate in; interested in.
- Are you up for a trip to the library today?
2011 January 18, Joe Lovejoy, “Cardiff City 0 Stoke City 2”, Guardian Online:
- Neither team were up for this third-round replay, their lack of enthusiasm betrayed by 16 changes from the line-ups they used in league combat at the weekend.
- (idiomatic) Being or due to be evaluated, inspected, judged, considered, sold, etc., in the stated circumstances or by the stated method.
- He is up for reelection next year, so he will try to control his image.
- He is up for second degree murder.
- It's still up for debate.
- She put her jewelry up for auction.
- My car is up for sale.