Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Utensil
utensil (plural utensils)
- An instrument or device for domestic use, especially in the kitchen.
- We have convenient storage for all the kitchen utensils.
- A useful small tool, implement, or vessel.
- 1954, Tom Lehrer (lyrics and music), “A Christmas Carol”:
- Relations, sparing no expense'll/Send some useless old utensil,/Or a matching pen and pencil./"just the thing I need! how nice!"
- He stocked up on old-style writing utensils.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:utensil.
- See also Thesaurus:instrument
device for domestic use, in the kitchen, or in war
small implement specialized for certain types of processing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked