Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To treat (a person or an animal) with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease.
- Synonym: (archaic) vaccine
- 1933, Groucho Marx, Duck Soup (movie)
- You haven't stopped talking since I came here! You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle!
- 2021 February 24, Nigel Harris, “Comment: Vaccines and railways”, in RAIL, number 925, page 3:
- Within weeks, Britain had vaccinated more people than France, Germany, Italy and Spain combined, a stunning achievement.
treat (a person or an animal) with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease
vaccinate f pl