Jump to navigation Jump to search
Morphologically valid + -ate.
- IPA(key): /ˈvæl.ɪ.deɪt/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (weak vowel merger) IPA(key): /ˈvæl.ə.deɪt/
- Rhymes: -ælɪdeɪt
validate (third-person singular simple present validates, present participle validating, simple past and past participle validated)
- (transitive) To render valid.
- 2003, Alan Hart, Going to Live in France, page 207:
- Always remember to validate your ticket before entering the train. A non-validated ticket could lead to a hefty fine.
- (transitive) To check or prove the validity of; verify.
- (ergative) To have its validity successfully proven.
- The data file cannot be imported because it doesn't validate.
to render valid
to check the validity of
to have its validity successfully proven
- inflection of validare:
- second-person singular voseo imperative of validar combined with te
- English terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- English terms derived from the Proto-Indo-European root *h₂welh₁- (rule)
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English verbs
- English transitive verbs
- English terms with quotations
- English ergative verbs
- Italian non-lemma forms
- Italian verb forms
- Spanish non-lemma forms
- Spanish verb forms