Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Freshly green; verdant; covered with verdure, or consisting of it.
- 1817 December, Percy Bysshe Shelley, “The Revolt of Islam. […]”, in [Mary] Shelley, editor, The Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley. […], volume I, London: Edward Moxon […], published 1839, OCLC 1000449192, page 271:
- a hall stood; o’er whose roof
Fair clinging weeds with ivy pale did grow,
Clasping its gray rents with a verdurous woof,
A hanging dome of leaves, a canopy moon-proof.
- The hill was blanketed in verdurous grasses.
- The verdurous pasture...
- Having youthful or new qualities.