Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To graciously give, to condescendingly grant a right, benefit, outcome, etc.; to deign to acknowledge.
1599? (book published 1623), William Shakespeare, Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies, London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed. Blount, OCLC 606515358, Julius Caesar, Act III, scene i, page 119:
- If Brutus will vouchſafe that Antony / May ſafely come to him ...
- It is not said by the apostle that God vouchsafed to the heathens the means of salvation.
- To receive or accept in condescension.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:vouchsafe.
Condescendingly grant a right