Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
walkabout (plural walkabouts)
- (Australian aboriginal) A nomadic excursion into the bush, especially one taken by young teenage boys in certain ancient-custom honoring tribes.
- A walking trip.
- (Britain) A public stroll by some celebrity to meet a group of people informally.
- An absence, usually from a regular place with a possibility of a return.
- (Australia, colloquial, of an object) Missing or stolen.
- The paper shredder seems to have gone walkabout.