- (usually historical) A person who carries water from a spring or well, especially in antiquity and pre-modern era when it was a common job.
- An arrangement of wires on which a bucket of water, raised from a well, etc., may be conveyed wherever required, as to a house.
- A pipe or tube that conveys water.
- A transportation ship that is water-based.
- (astrology) Aquarius, or a symbol for it.
- (figuratively, colloquial) An individual doing simple, ordinary work, usually in opposition to somebody considered more valuable.
- (cycling) A domestique.
arrangement of wires
Aquarius — see Aquarius
individual doing simple, ordinary work
domestique — see domestique