Jump to navigation Jump to search
watermark (plural watermarks)
- A translucent design impressed on the surface of paper and visible when the paper is held to the light.
- (by extension) A logo superimposed on a digital image, a television broadcast, etc.
- (computing) A value stored in a datafile to ensure its integrity, so that if the file's contents are changed then the watermark will no longer match the contents.
- A mark indicating the level to which water has risen.
translucent design impressed on paper
- (transitive) To mark paper with a watermark.
- (transitive) To mark a datafile with a digital watermark.
to mark paper with a watermark
to mark a datafile with a digital watermark