what the fuck
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
An intensive form of what
- (vulgar) Used to express astonishment, shock, incredulity, or disbelief (as a shortened form of expressions such as "What the fuck is going on?", "...are you doing?", or "...is that?").
- (vulgar) Used to express nonchalance or the dismissal of any consequences of something one is about to do.
- I finally said “eh, what the fuck” and quit my job.
1983, Curtis Armstrong as Miles, Risky Business:
- Every now and then say, "What the fuck." "What the fuck" gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:what the fuck.
- (expresses astonishment, incredulity): what on Earth, what in the world, what the heck, what the hell, what the...
- (expresses nonchalance): fuck it, what the heck, what the hell, what the hey, whatever, why not, who cares, so what