Jump to navigation Jump to search
- After which, in consequence.
- The network went down, whereupon I made a cup of tea
- Upon which.
- the wet cliff whereupon he stood
- 1835, John Nichols, The Gentleman's Magazine, volume 158, page 495:
- My tender wife and children standing by, / Dewing the death-bed whereupon I lie.
- 1846, John Clarke Crosthwaite, Alexander Watson, Practical sermons, by dignitaries and other clergymen, page 270:
- You see that the Apostle speaks as one who had distinct and certain knowledge of the grounds whereupon he was standing.
- 1880, Cassell's family magazine, page 262:
- Gradually, however, the white clouds resolved themselves into the snowy linen and coverlets of a bed whereupon he was lying, whilst the crimson light proved to be the effect of a blazing fire, [...]
- 1889, Frank Leslie's Popular Monthly, volume 27, page 78:
- He sprung from his bed, whereupon one of them had fired. He pursued them as they retreated, and they fled out of the house by the back door. Thereupon he returned to the bed, saw that his wife had been shot, and roused the servants [...]
- 1907, Francis Bazley Lee, Genealogical and personal memorial of Mercer County, New Jersey, volume 2, page 530:
- [...] could take no rest except such as he obtained by supporting himself on his knees and elbows, being unable to suffer any part of his body to touch the bed whereupon he lay.
- 2018, Donald Trump, President of the United States, Twitter:
- The Democrats sent a very political and long response memo which they knew, because of sources and methods (and more), would have to be heavily redacted, whereupon they would blame the White House for lack of transparency. Told them to re-do and send back in proper form!
- (in consequence of which): whereat