windshield (plural windshields)
- (Canada, US) A transparent screen made of glass, located at the front and back of a vehicle in front of its occupants to protect them from the wind and weather.
- The freezing rain covered our windshield with ice and we couldn't see a thing.
- A cover for a microphone to exclude airy noises such as wind and breathing.
- (UK, Australian English) windscreen
screen located in front of a vehicle to protect from wind and weather
- (transitive) To install a windshield on.