Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
wintergreen (plural wintergreens)
- (obsolete) Any evergreen plant.
- Any of several evergreen perennials of the genus Pyrola
- A North American creeping evergreen plant, Gaultheria procumbens, having solitary white flowers and aromatic leaves; the checkerberry or teaberry
- The spicy red berries of this plant
- The oil, methyl salicylate, obtained from these berries
- The aroma of the oil, methyl salicylate, however derived.
evergreen — see evergreen
evergreen perennial of the genus Pyrola
- (perennial of the genus Pyrola): shinleaf
- (Gaultheria procumbens): boxberry, checkerberry, partridgeberry, spiceberry, teaberry