Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural of
- Words have a longer life than deeds. — Pindar (translated)
- "Words, words, words." - William Shakespeare, said by Hamlet to Polonius. (Act 2, Scene 2)
- Angry debate or conversation; argument. [from 15th c.]
- After she found out the truth, she had words with him, to tell him how she felt.
- Lines in a script for a performance.
- You better get your words memorised before rehearsal next Saturday.
angry debate or conversation
lines in a script for a performance
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of word