Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: work around
workaround (plural workarounds)
- A means of overcoming some obstacle, especially an obstacle consisting of laws, regulations, or constraints.
2012 June 26, Genevieve Koski, “Music: Reviews: Justin Bieber: Believe”, in The Onion AV Club:
- More significantly, rigid deference to Bieber’s still-young core fan base keeps things resolutely PG, with any acknowledgement of sex either couched in vague “touch your body” workarounds or downgraded to desirous hand-holding and eye-gazing.
- (computing) A procedure or a temporary fix that bypasses a problem and allows the user to continue working until a better solution can be provided; a kluge.
- (project management) An impromptu and temporary response to an unforeseen problem or risk.
- (temporary solution): see Wikisaurus:workaround
a means of overcoming some obstacle
(computing) a procedure or a temporary fix
(project management) an impromptu and temporary response
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.