Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Wunderkind
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈvʊn.də.kɪnd/, /ˈwʊn.də.kɪnd/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈvʊn.dɚ.kɪnt/, /ˈvʊn.dɚ.kɪnd/, /ˈwʊn.dɚ.kɪnd/, /ˈwʌn.dɚ.kɪnd/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- A child prodigy; a phenom.
- A highly talented or gifted individual; one who is successful at a young age.
- 2009 January 28, Ravi Somaiya, “It’s the Economy, Girlfriend”, in New York Times:
- Harriet Pappenheim, a psychotherapist at Park Avenue Relationship Consultants who wrote “For Richer or Poorer,” a 2006 book on money in marriage, said that the repercussions could be acute for Wall Street wunderkinds who define their identities through their job titles and the size of their bonuses.
child prodigy — see child prodigy
highly talented individual who is successful at a young age