Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to xenobiosis.
- (biology) Relating to a substance foreign to the body or ecological system.
of or pertaining to xenobiosis
relating to a foreign substance
xenobiotic (plural xenobiotics)
- (biology) Any foreign compound not produced by an organism's metabolism.
- 2016 February 17, “Anthocyanins in Strawberry Polyphenolic Extract Enhance the Beneficial Effects of Diets with Fructooligosaccharides in the Rat Cecal Environment”, in PLOS ONE, DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0149081:
- This enzyme is characteristic of harmful bacteria species, and it has deconjugative properties that support the transformation of xenobiotics into more toxic substances.