Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɒɡɹəfi
- (medicine) The process of surgically transplanting organs or tissue between different species.
- 2006, Lesley A. Sharp, Strange Harvest: Organ Transplants, Denatured Bodies, and the Transformed Self, Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, →ISBN, page 218:
- As Tanya Ryder explained, for example, “We are all for it, anything that will keep you alive. But we've known about xenography for a long time. There is now a special kind of pig that is being bred for its kidneys.”
- Synonym: xenotransplantation
- (linguistics) The ability to write in a language which the individual has not learned.