This phrase was popularised by The GLC from Newport, Wales, but has had currency in US Afro-American vernacular English and possibly elsewhere since no later than the 1960s.
you knows it
- (Wales, idiomatic, slang) You're right; I wholeheartedly agree with your statement.
- You knows it, bra!
- (idiomatic, dialect, slang) Indicates agreement, approval, encouragement.
- "What he did to her was wrong." "You knows it, sister!"
- 1861, Frederick Law Olmsted, The Cotton Kingdom: A Traveller's Observations on Cotton and Slavery, page 187
- Mose would ha rallied, ef eed a been in our ward — ha ! ha ! ha ! — you knows it, Mass Richard !
- 1984, Brian Richard Mori, Dreams of Flight, page 20
- Buster: (impressed) You'se a cool dude, Butch. / Butch: Hey, you knows it, baby.
- 2002, Lorian Hemingway, A World Turned Over: A Killer Tornado and the Lives It Changed Forever, page 112
- We welcome you, you knows it. Didn't even need to ask, but it fine all right you did."