Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
zhu (plural zhu)
- (music) An ancient string instrument (chordophone), originating in ancient China; its nature is not known but was probably a zither-like rectangular body featuring silk or gut strings played with a bow.
- Nonstandard spelling of zhū.
- Nonstandard spelling of zhú.
- Nonstandard spelling of zhǔ.
- Nonstandard spelling of zhù.
- English transcriptions of Mandarin speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Mandarin language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.