Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: zoölogy
- enPR: zō-ŏl′-ə-jē, zo͞o-ŏl′-ə-jē
- (UK) IPA(key): /zəʊˈɒlədʒi/, /zuːˈɒlədʒi/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /zoʊˈɑlədʒi/, /zuˈɑlədʒi/
- Rhymes: -ɒlədʒi
- The part of biology relating to the animal kingdom, including the structure, embryology, evolution, classification, habits, and distribution of all animals, both living and extinct.
- A treatise on this science.
The pronunciation in /zu-/ has often received negative comment, but has nevertheless become very common, especially in British English.
science that studies the animal kingdom