Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (computing, graphical user interface) A clickable box that maximizes a window to fill the screen or (clicked a second time) restores the window to its previous size and position.
- 1989, Gena Cobb, Judy Mynhier, Allan McGuffey, Word 4 companion:
- To move a window, just point anywhere on the title bar (except the close or zoom boxes) and drag.
- 2002, Elaine Weinmann, Peter Lourekas, QuarkXPress 5 for Windows and Macintosh, page 7:
- Click the zoom box to enlarge the document window to full-screen size; click it again to restore the window's previous size.